Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What I'm paying to see tonight, 8/2


Al Green and Lizz Wright at the Bowl. Tickets prices range from $1 to $120, but the least expensive tickets now available are $16.

My advice is to never go to the Hollywood Bowl on the first day of general public sales in May. I tried it one year, arrived about 8:30 am, and didn't get my tickets until about 5 pm. And I got shut out on some tickets I wanted.

Subscribers get first shot at Hollywood Bowl tickets. I chose not to subscribe, but what I did do was buy 40 tickets almost a month before the general public, through the Encore program. HB customer service told me it was impossible unless I subscribed, but I got the tickets online anyway.

And I paid only fifty cents per ticket to Ticketmaster. Assuming they hide the program for non-subscribers again next year, I'll provide links next April.