Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Fireworks, Woodland Hills, Tuesday 7/4, 6:00

Free, with free parking if you are willing to walk. Link

Yes, there will be plenty of free fireworks around LA on the Fourth of July. And when the Los Angeles Times comes up with a list, I'll post the link here.

But I want to highlight the one great free show that I know about. Warner Center Park in Woodland Hills has some of the most spectacular, leading edge fireworks I've ever seen. And it seems to go on forever; last time I was sore from craning my neck up to the sky. This time maybe I'll find a place on the grass to lie down. Show up at 6 and enjoy a 110 piece orchestra.

It's part of the Valley Cultural Center's free Concert's in the Park series, usually on Sundays at 6 to 8 PM. Upcoming acts include Upcoming acts include Gary Puckett, The Preservation Hall Jazz Band, Poco, The Platters, Stephen Bishop, Tierra, Limpopo and Eric Burdon and the Animals.